RIP King Midas (Midas Blenny)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMHuestis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive had my Midas Blenny for a little over a month. A week ago i added a coral beauty, who kicked the blenny out of his home (a log). The Blenny was found a dark brownish/green on the bottom of the tank today, 7 days after the coral beauty took over his home. He did not eat for the past two days.

Any ideas on C.O.D.? (cause of death)

PH:8.3
trates:20ppm
Am:20ppm

Could the high trates and am be because of the dead fish?

Also now what- I had a plan for stocking- 2 clowns, 1 blenny, 1 coral beauty and 1 long nosed hawkfish. in that order.. what do i do now? I was addin the CB and hawkfish toward the end b/c they are more territorial & agressive..

Ammonia 20ppm??? Yeah there's your problem! That and the added stress of being evicted from his log. PWC ASAP I'd say and how much are you feeding?

How can you know that there's 20ppm ammonia? My test kit only goes to 8ppm. If it was 20ppm, I think that every fish would've died. That has to be a typo.

Regardless, 20ppm or 2ppm, that's gonna be the problem. 20ppm trates isn't great but less of a problem and easier resolved!

No like I don't think he meant to put ammonia. Also the nitrates are alright. I think 60ppm is really the limit.

sorry for the miscommunnication i was just stressed and disappointed--- .20 ppm Ammonia--- which was at least 5 hours (up to 20 hours) after the blenny was found dead. i was at work and an experienced friend removed him from the tank, i came home and tested the water which read .20 Ammonia and 20 ppm nitrates.

Ammonia 20ppm??? Yeah there's your problem! That and the added stress of being evicted from his log. PWC ASAP I'd say and how much are you feeding?

once a day, 1/3 cube of mysis shrimp.. theres 4 fish and 8 man CUC

I wouldn't say that was too excessive but it would do no harm to make it every other day at least until parameters are back to being good.

Back
Top Bottom