Ro/di filter system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anything else that's isn't that expensive? Haha

Check out classifieds and what not I came across one from a guy that came into my store (PetSmart). He's in all the time and we got to talking and he sold me one of his 3 stage RO's for $50. I replaced all of the pre-filters (sediment, carbon and DI) for $45 and the RO membrane $50. So far I'm into it for $145 but sucks for me I was setting it all up today and found out the water pressure in my house is too low to run it. I had to order a RO booster pump for $85. So now I'm into it for $230. Still cheaper then it would have been if I bought it new.

A decent quality unit is going to run you $150 to $200....

Check out classifieds and what not I came across one from a guy that came into my store (PetSmart). He's in all the time and we got to talking and he sold me one of his 3 stage RO's for $50. I replaced all of the pre-filters (sediment, carbon and DI) for $45 and the RO membrane $50. So far I'm into it for $145 but sucks for me I was setting it all up today and found out the water pressure in my house is too low to run it. I had to order a RO booster pump for $85. So now I'm into it for $230. Still cheaper then it would have been if I bought it new.

That's the problem with buying used... unless you get the thing for free. In addition to the used price, you're in almost another $75-$100 to change the pre-filters & membrane, which you kinda have to do because you really have no way of knowing what kind of life they've had...... unless it's a top end system, and you know what you're looking at, you're really better off getting a new one.

Last edited:
While you are right, I would have been ahead of the game if the water pressure at my house didn't suck.

While you are right, I would have been ahead of the game if the water pressure at my house didn't suck.

Which you would've needed anyway, new or used....... So you still probably saved a few $$.
Luckily, I've got really good pressure at the house..... 90psi into the system. I've got the dual membrane 150gpd, and have NO problems!! Not to rub it in or anything....... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom