Ro/di system finally got it!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Could any let me know the quality on this one or if anyone had purchased one before...???

I`ve never used that one but it looks like a winner. Congrats on new addition.

TDS - Total Dissolved Solids. It measure the ouput of the RO water. 0 TDS is as pure as it gets.

They are really the only way to know when to change your RO membrane. When the TDS starts rising it's time to change the membrane. They (membranes) usually last about 2 years depending on how much water you make.

They are really the only way to know when to change your RO membrane. When the TDS starts rising it's time to change the membrane. They (membranes) usually last about 2 years depending on how much water you make.

Ok will I be ok for maybe about 1 month or 2 weeks before getting one?

You`ll be OK in that period of time. Like Larry said they will be ok for about 2 yrs.

I got the 6 stage 150gpd version and it is great, only surprise I had was the amount of waste water. It is 2 to 1 waste to pure, I made a test run to see how it all worked. I ran the system for 1 hour it made about 5 gallons of pure, but 10+ of waste (used a 5 gal buckets to capture both types)

You will be very happy with the water

I got the 6 stage 150gpd version and it is great, only surprise I had was the amount of waste water. It is 2 to 1 waste to pure, I made a test run to see how it all worked. I ran the system for 1 hour it made about 5 gallons of pure, but 10+ of waste (used a 5 gal buckets to capture both types)

You will be very happy with the water

Nice I take it you got your from Bulk Reef Supply as well?

Well I got my system today and Boy I wasn't expecting such a Big Unit. Everything came in ok shape execpt the DI canister came in slightly chipped but I can deal with it and it's not leaking. But anywho very great System for the Money well worth it? But one quick question? Is it suppose to come out that slow? Or is that how its suppose to be?:)

Wow. Bulk Reef Supply is awesome there going to replace the chipped canister with a new one no question asked..... :)

It is 2 to 1 waste to pure, I made a test run to see how it all worked.

You must have some pretty good water to start with. My tap TDS is 160 and running RO/DI I am at 3/1 if not closer to 4/1 to get 0 TDS.

100GPD RO/DI takes about 1 3/4 hrs for 5 gallons.

Wow. Bulk Reef Supply is awesome there going to replace the chipped canister with a new one no question asked..... :)
Definitely a great place to do business with. About a yr or so ago I ordered magnesium chloride from them. They sent me calcium chloride. I emailed them and they told me keep the calcium and they sent a new bucket of mag.

Back
Top Bottom