RO/DI unit & protein skimmer ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

princess4880

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is a good but affordable RO/DI unit and also a skimmer for my setup if one is needed?

Thanks for the help battling the hair algae right now think tap water may be biggest part of my problem.

I got the Ocean +1 system from thefilterguys.biz and I love it. They offer much smaller systems if that is what your needs are.

You could, it's up to you, however the filterguys sells a RO unit for almost half the price of the one you linked. (for $124.00) and a RO/DI unit for only $11 more at $135.00.

You can see all their options at http://thefilterguys.biz/ro_di_systems.htm

Keep in mind however, I bought the Ocean +1 from The Filter Guys for $199.00, also got a pump to help increase yield for $100.00, got a reservoir for the filtered water with a auto shutoff for about $50.00, and also got the autoshutoff and auto flush kits for about $75.00. Then I also got an additional prefilter since my water isn't fabulous, for another $40.00 So when it was all said and done I spent $450.00 when it was all said and done, but that is for an extremely efficient, totally hands free system. You would be fine with getting the $124.00 system with a large garbage can and shutoff float for well under the price of the one you linked from Lowes and it will still be an excellent system.

princess4880 said:
battling the hair algae right now think tap water may be biggest part of my problem.

This is a good assumption. An RO/DI unit is not much more than a RO unit. As Scott said you can get them for about 100 dollars on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom