Rods Food? Whats All the Hype?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking at reviews online and such, I decided try out rods food for once. I live in Illinois, so most stores around here sell it :) most of my fish only took a few pieces, and the rest they spit out. My angel didnt even eat at all? I can't imagine fish not liking rods based on all the race reviews it's gotten online, so do fish have to get used to a new food before they devour it?

Thanks!

You can make it yourself much cheaper anyway. I've never tried it personally. I make my own frozen food from fresh fish, shrimp, and clam from the supermarket. All you need is a food processor and some ziplock bags.

I would make my own but my mom won't let me lol. So, I thought rods would be similar. I'll try it tomorrow when they're hungrier. Maybe they will go for it more

I have another question related to feeding. Sometimes I feed mussels, but I pick them apart beforehand and freeze, then I thaw pieces and drop them in. Rather than doing this, can I freeze whole mussels, then open and drop the whole thing in the tank just for a few minutes? Or will this be a phosphate bomb? I assume it would screw up the water quality

I have another question related to feeding. Sometimes I feed mussels, but I pick them apart beforehand and freeze, then I thaw pieces and drop them in. Rather than doing this, can I freeze whole mussels, then open and drop the whole thing in the tank just for a few minutes? Or will this be a phosphate bomb? I assume it would screw up the water quality

Anyone know? I don't see too much info online about doing this

Do you think your inhabitants can tear enough flesh off of a mussel in a couple minutes to sustain them? I don't know, but it doesn't make much sense to me to drop a giant chunk of food in the tank only to have to net it out in a couple minutes. I would definitely chop it up.

Do you think your inhabitants can tear enough flesh off of a mussel in a couple minutes to sustain them? I don't know, but it doesn't make much sense to me to drop a giant chunk of food in the tank only to have to net it out in a couple minutes. I would definitely chop it up.

Well I did think that. I always thought fish didn't Need a ton of food. I think it would be easier to just suck it up and chop them lol

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom