Royal Gramma vs. my new Pygmy Angelfish . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcquillian

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Royal Gramma is really been going after my Pygmy Angelfish. Tank is not overcrowded, water parameters are fine. Any suggestions. He keeps nipping at his tail. Thanks.

Did you just get one or the other. You might need to move the rock around or cut the lights off till they get use to each other. If you have those two fish and the other two in your sig then if not overcrowded it`s getting close.

My Royal Gramma is really been going after my Pygmy Angelfish. Tank is not overcrowded
I think there is a contradiction there. If your seeing aggression problems, the tank is over crowded. If you just added the angel, the gramma may calm down w/ the techniques mentioned by Melosu58. If the angel was in the tank first, the gramma is just probably very aggressive/territorial-as they are known to be. One of them would then most likely have to be removed if it persist.

yes. moving the rocks around and turning the lights off for a day does wonders for them when there not being so friendly.

Back
Top Bottom