Running into problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FOWLR-JUNKIE

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys and gals, I got 240 gallon tank yesterday and for the most part have all the plumbing work done.. I just have add a few check valves to my drain and make me a 2 dursal stand pipe.. Right now I just added the salt to the ro/I'd water I had in my tank and have no leaks. I actually did that last night.. Thought the tank the will b clear by now but still have a cloudy look to it.. I was going to add my sand to the tank and live but wanted to do so when I could see what I was doing.. My question is if I should be running any media besides the little blue pads I have in the there to catch debri..? And my return is so strong that it's causing the water to be blown into the tank and the bubbles are insane not really micro bubbles but like heavy flow bubbles.. I am adding another loc line to each of my return to y it off so hopefully that helps.. Just waiting for it to come in the mail. Any advice that you guy can give me thanks in advice

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ussually the water & salt is mixed in a seperate container such as a large clean plastic trash container, circulated over night using a circulation fan or pump & then it's pumped into the system. It may be taking longer to fully mix or it's possible it didn't mix properly. Salt mixes form clumps easily & this actually happens quit often with the method you used or when it's freshley mixed in a container, that's why it's circulated over night. I would just wait it out for five days to see if it really mixes well if it does not you'll have to repeat the process the right way :(

What return pump are you using and how many returns into the tank?

When I set up my 240 (twice), I filled it with water and added salt little at a time throughout the day. It cleared up within 24 hours both times. I had my dual returns and two powerheads going to keep all the water circulating.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm currently using the mag 24 t'd off to 2 1" returns.. This is how it looks now.. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412801583.219930.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412801603.443029.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom