Salt on Glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

akasha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Everyone!

I just set up my new saltwater tank a few days ago. I had a beautiful one many years ago, but just now was able to get back into the hobby. I have one quick question for you guys. It looks like I have a build up of salt on the inside of the glass of my tank. I assume this is from when I was filling the tank. Will this eventually dissolve off the glass or should I scrub it off?

Thanks!

Did you dump the salt mix into the tank to mix it or did you mix it in a bucket or something else then dump the salt water into the tank?

Are you sure it is salt buildup on the glass?? Do you have sand in the tank yet? Could be dust that has settled on the glass from your sand.

Welcome to AA BTW!

I had this when I started my tank up. Just put your hand in the tank, or use your scrubber and it should come right off.

It could also be there because you mixed the salt in the AQ and it's a calcium build up on the glass. Just wipe it off and mix your saltwater in a seperate container. That is the prefered way to do it.

Back
Top Bottom