Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-15-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
salt set up

I have a 125 gallon tank that two holes drilled in each corner . i would like to set it up with filter below the tank in the stand . i'm new to aquariums ; so i would like some advice on equipment and where to get it .

thanks, earl

earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
It sounds like you are off to a good start, research!

The 125 is what is called a "reef ready" tank. It means that it is pre-drilled in order to have a sump under the tank. One of each of those holes is for a drain to the sump, the other hole is for a return to the tank.

Are the hold surrounded by plastic with little fingers at the top to strain the water?

Depending on how good you are with DIY and how much research you want to do, making things your self is very rewarding along with a lot cheaper. If you have money then you can always go with pre-made. You can always go to your local fish store and see what they have available but remember that it is usually their objective to sell to you, so research before you buy.

Lastly, look up information on fishless cycling.
Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote

salt, set up

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com