saltwater Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike3epanda

Aquarium Advice Freak
thanks for all the help here everyove... you guys were all very helpful!!

I got my cycle good without needing water change for some reason after my nitrites went 0, my nitrates went to 10 so i thought it was ok...

I got some livestock to try it out and check if it is fine and here's what I bought so far:

2 red leg hermit crabs
1 concha snail
1 trochus sand snail
1 turbo snail
1 blue damsel

my set up:

~ 75 gal tank
~ fluval 204 filter (i know its small but i just use it for more circulation)
~ seaclone 150 protein skimmer
~ 2 powerheads (running at 1200 liters per hour)
~ 40 pounds of sand
~ 70 lbs. of base rock (and couple pounds of LR to spread on it)
~ 2 regular fluorescent bulbs (running at 40W each)

I know i need to put more LR so I'll get some more soon.. also I think I'm going to get a lighting system 24hr cycle for my tank so I can enjoy it better and maybe get a few corals later on.

I would post pics here to show you guys my tank but i dont know how to use the code so I guess I'll figure that out later.

Heres my list of things that I want to buy:

(feel free to tell me what else I need and where I should get them)

~ fully cured LR
~ lighting system (24hr cycle with timer, blue actinic light, lunar lights, etc)
~ powerheads ( I need to replace mine because it uses 220v)
~ RO/DI system (I think I'll get this one on ebay)

thanks again and will post pics soon.. just teach me how to :p

Your RO/DI unit did not show. You will definitely need new light system if you plan on corals. What type plan do have in mind for your coral? Your lighting system will depend on corals.

im planning to get compact fluorescent one then just go with wats available for that type of lighting

It really depends. I paid $325 for my PC's and they are made by Coralife. I would suggest going with a T5 High Output if possible, so that way you are covered in the long run in case you want SPS Corals. BTW, you might find them for the same price as the Power Compacts.

I would recommend the RO/DI systems from The Filter Guys. I've never even seen an RO system before I purchased mine and I got a pretty in depth system at a good price. Their customer service is unmatched. I got the Ocean +1 with auto flush and auto shut offsystem, float, and extra filter stage from them and then I bought a pump on Ebay. Altogether it cost me about $350. But I got a pretty in depth system and for a 75 gallon you could go with a lower model. Their website is http://www.thefilterguys.biz/

Back
Top Bottom