Saltwater Puffer Advice....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Minkota

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am considering getting a puffer for my 150g FOWLR. I always quarentine my fish prior to putting them in my display tank. I currently have a Lion Fish, Blue Throat Trigger, and a Pink Tail Trigger. I want to know the best way to quarentine a Puffer, I normally quarentine with Copper but its my understanding that puffers do not do well with Copper, so what do I use to ensure they do not bring Ich or Velvet into my display tank. Thanks

Correct puffers being scaleless can not handle copper. If you are going to treat while in qt use hyposalinity.

Correct puffers being scaleless can not handle copper. If you are going to treat while in qt use hyposalinity.

It was my understanding that puffers do not do well with high or low salinity. I guess I was told wrong, but I've been told I can treat puffers with copper as well but I was pretty sure that was incorrect.

I treated my puffer with hyposalinity with no issues at all and I know many who have on their puffs as well. While you can use copper it is risky and you can only use 1/4 dose. So to me its not worth using it because of the risk it has and because you cannot use a full dose so what's the point :)

Back
Top Bottom