Saltwaterfish.com's $79 free shipping question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

it's been awhile since posting due to nothing really going on with my tank. Hope I'm not jinxing myself, but after 1 1/2 years, the tank seems to be coming into its own. The coroaline algae is flourishing, the fish seem healthy, and all seems right in my aqaurium world.

The last 2 fish I acquired were 2 Henis from saltwaterfish.com. Of all the henis i have bought (and lost) from LFS, these 2 are far and apart the healthiest and biggest I have seen. They've really made my tank "pop" as they say. Let's hope things keep humming along.

I'd like to finish off my collection with a Flame angel from saltwaterfish.com but wonder how to order one since just one fish doesn't meet the $79 free shippiong deal.

Should I just order the one fish and pay for shippong, or throw in another fish to be entitled for free shipping.

I threw in a fire shrimp on the last order to reach the $79 level, but either it died in the QT with the 2 Henis or was eaten by one of them.

Thx

Spin

I wondered the same thing. If you think about it... shipping will probably be about $20-$30 at the least, to overnight the fish. Sooo...maybe another fish (if you can fit it) wouldn't be a bad idea.

That's my idealogy anyways. I wanted to take advantage of it as well, but with corals.

Buying another fish to get free shipping isn't always best. Sometimes it's just cheaper to pay the shipping. Guess it really depends on rather or not your tank can hold another fish, how badly you want that second fish and how much that second fish will cost you. Maybe add to your cleanup crew instead. Things like a starfish or shrimp etc. instead of a fish.

Now you see why they have that free shipping at 79 dollars deal. To get you to buy more. LOL

Fluff said:
Buying another fish to get free shipping isn't always best. Sometimes it's just cheaper to pay the shipping. Guess it really depends on rather or not your tank can hold another fish, how badly you want that second fish and how much that second fish will cost you. Maybe add to your cleanup crew instead. Things like a starfish or shrimp etc. instead of a fish.

You always have to be so correct! ;) But...but...a new fish!

Ok, ok. One more fish but THAT'S IT! lol j/k
Good luck. I've ordered from saltwaterfish.com and have always been pleased.

You could always just get another fish and then go sell it to a LFS to get your money back! :) I dont know if thats the best idea but hey, its an option!

ntswift said:
You could always just get another fish and then go sell it to a LFS to get your money back! :) I dont know if thats the best idea but hey, its an option!

try 1/4 money back... lol

I really like this company, and the shipping deal. $79.00 sneaks up on you pretty fast. Last time I added to my clean-up crew, that's a good idea. Of course, if you CAN fit another fish.... :D

Back
Top Bottom