Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-31-2013, 01:56 AM   #121
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awesome, my original stock list included a flame angel.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #122
Aquarium Advice Addict

Alright guys early morning update, my tank cloud cleared up very nicely and now it's crystal clear, I just cleaned the glass with a quick mag float scrub and now its beautiful again. I also got some nice coloration on the new rock i added, its awesome. Here's some pics of the new tank scape guys enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130831_075836.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	195517   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130831_075857.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	195518  

Old 08-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #123
Aquarium Advice Freak

Lookin good Tex. My flame angel is the bee's knees. See lights up the tank, one of the best choices I have made.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3372117398.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	195530  
Old 08-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #124
Aquarium Advice Addict

Are they reef safe though?
Old 08-31-2013, 03:28 PM   #125
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post
Are they reef safe though?
Yes and no depends on your luck had one before never troubled a coral and then you have some people that say its nipping at at they corals. So reef safe with caution.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #126
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstreet.1 View Post

Yes and no depends on your luck had one before never troubled a coral and then you have some people that say its nipping at at they corals. So reef safe with caution.
Yeah that's all I've read, that they're hit and miss as far as being reef safe.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #127
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

Yeah that's all I've read, that they're hit and miss as far as being reef safe.
I've had flame angels not touch corals for a year and then all of the sudden I wake up and he's decided to go out for a buffet. That reason right there and the constant work of keeping a reef is what made me sell all if my coral except some GSP and my acropora since that's the only coral he wouldn't touch. It's not just flame angels, its all angels and unfortunately this one is 50/50 and that's the only way to put it. I've been through 7 flame angels and never got one that didn't end up picking at corals.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #128
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post

I've had flame angels not touch corals for a year and then all of the sudden I wake up and he's decided to go out for a buffet. That reason right there and the constant work of keeping a reef is what made me sell all if my coral except some GSP and my acropora since that's the only coral he wouldn't touch. It's not just flame angels, its all angels and unfortunately this one is 50/50 and that's the only way to put it. I've been through 7 flame angels and never got one that didn't end up picking at corals.
Oh snap Tim that's nuts, what else do you recommended for stock in this tank that would be reef safe for the future?
Old 09-01-2013, 10:57 AM   #129
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Oh snap Tim that's nuts, what else do you recommended for stock in this tank that would be reef safe for the future?
Banggai Cardinal- 1
Banggai Cardinal | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
Midas Blenny- 1 might be pushing it for you tank size but i think it will do well if you keep him well fed
Midas Blenny | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
Six line wrasse- 1 if you keep a tight lid they cant jump through.
Sixline Wrasse | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
PJ cardinal- 2 so they pair up and they arent all that active of swimmers so they dont need a ton of room.
Spotted Cardinal | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
Just so we are clear....I'm not saying add all four of these fish. You only need to add two to three more smaller fish that wont outgrow the tank and be done. Id like to see the midas and six line in there with some more rockwork, A red bubble tip (after you upgrade your lighting), some colorful corals, and a good black or blue background on the tank. It will be an awesome looking tank when you're done. I would throw a Tao on top of the tank later so you wont have any restrictions on what you can keep alive. Plus water surface skimmer makes everything better lol You're tank is lacking those bright vibrant colors that make people get into saltwater fish in the first place.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #130
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post
Banggai Cardinal- 1
Banggai Cardinal | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
Midas Blenny- 1 might be pushing it for you tank size but i think it will do well if you keep him well fed
Midas Blenny | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
Six line wrasse- 1 if you keep a tight lid they cant jump through.
Sixline Wrasse | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
PJ cardinal- 2 so they pair up and they arent all that active of swimmers so they dont need a ton of room.
Spotted Cardinal | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online
Just so we are clear....I'm not saying add all four of these fish. You only need to add two to three more smaller fish that wont outgrow the tank and be done. Id like to see the midas and six line in there with some more rockwork, A red bubble tip (after you upgrade your lighting), some colorful corals, and a good black or blue background on the tank. It will be an awesome looking tank when you're done. I would throw a Tao on top of the tank later so you wont have any restrictions on what you can keep alive. Plus water surface skimmer makes everything better lol You're tank is lacking those bright vibrant colors that make people get into saltwater fish in the first place.
I know I know! But I'm taking your advice and being patient about my tank, my next purchase will be a skimmer for sure and as far as my tank I think 3 more fish will make me happy, I love 6-line wrasse' they look so graceful just floating around in rocks its awesome, and the midas blenny I like too its a nice orange color. I'm not a big fan of cardinals they remind me too much of ram cichlids lol

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com