Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #131
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Greenstreet.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: long island,NY
Posts: 740
Not all angels are not reef safe there's one or two that's reef safe like the wantanabei it's total reef safe and there's a next one the swollowtail angelfish they are both reef safe I had both of them never touch a coral.
__________________

__________________
Greenstreet.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #132
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Big Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mcallen, Tx
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstreet.1 View Post
Not all angels are not reef safe there's one or two that's reef safe like the wantanabei it's total reef safe and there's a next one the swollowtail angelfish they are both reef safe I had both of them never touch a coral.
Got any links? I'm on mobile and 3g is slow as hell lol
__________________

__________________
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Tkey3425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstreet.1 View Post
Not all angels are not reef safe there's one or two that's reef safe like the wantanabei it's total reef safe and there's a next one the swollowtail angelfish they are both reef safe I had both of them never touch a coral.
Both require 125 gallon tanks minimum. He has a 37 gallon. Both are really nice fish but they need large tanks. 90% of angels are going to require a larger tank that you have tex and the other 10% are not reef safe. It's the challenges of ocean life being dropped into captivity. That's why I mentioned to tex about planning for an upgrade in the very near future lol use live aquaria as a reference for tank size.
__________________
Tkey3425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Big Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mcallen, Tx
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post

Both require 125 gallon tanks minimum. He has a 37 gallon. Both are really nice fish but they need large tanks. 90% of angels are going to require a larger tank that you have tex and the other 10% are not reef safe. It's the challenges of ocean life being dropped into captivity. That's why I mentioned to tex about planning for an upgrade in the very near future lol
Aww yiss timmy to the rescue lol dude I finally found a buyer for my entire cichlid stock in my 75g yesterday so its empty and ready for sw ill text you in a bit with more questions lol
__________________
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #135
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Greenstreet.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: long island,NY
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post

Both require 125 gallon tanks minimum. He has a 37 gallon. Both are really nice fish but they need large tanks. 90% of angels are going to require a larger tank that you have tex and the other 10% are not reef safe. It's the challenges of ocean life being dropped into captivity. That's why I mentioned to tex about planning for an upgrade in the very near future lol use live aquaria as a reference for tank size.
Sorry for the mixup but was only telling him about the reef safe Angels was not telling him to get one for his tank.
__________________
Greenstreet.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #136
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Tkey3425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstreet.1 View Post

Sorry for the mixup but was only telling him about the reef safe Angels was not telling him to get one for his tank.
No worries I just didn't want the fish to be placed into a tank too small for it.
__________________
Tkey3425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #137
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Greenstreet.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: long island,NY
Posts: 740
Live have them on the site.
__________________
Greenstreet.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #138
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Tkey3425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post
Aww yiss timmy to the rescue lol dude I finally found a buyer for my entire cichlid stock in my 75g yesterday so its empty and ready for sw ill text you in a bit with more questions lol
So this means I can hit you with an "I told you so!" right haha. I knew you'd want a bigger tank soon. Wait until you get to my level of addiction and have a 210 and still want to upgrade bigger. Next tank of mine is bouncing between a 400 and 600 gallon acylic tank I'm having the designs and all made for in my new house we are building. It will separate the game room and my livingroom with side over flows and a dedicated 700 Sq Ft filter room. I'm going to have to start pumping my water from the ocean for water changes lol
__________________
Tkey3425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Big Tex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mcallen, Tx
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post

So this means I can hit you with an "I told you so!" right haha. I knew you'd want a bigger tank soon. Wait until you get to my level of addiction and have a 210 and still want to upgrade bigger. Next tank of mine is bouncing between a 400 and 600 gallon acylic tank I'm having the designs and all made for in my new house we are building. It will separate the game room and my livingroom with side over flows and a dedicated 700 Sq Ft filter room. I'm going to have to start pumping my water from the ocean for water changes lol
Dang Tim that's nuts and yess I want a 125g next or a custom tank like a 6x2x4 or something crazy lol I'm loving my tank and I just want to convert all my tanks already but my budget says no as of now ha.
__________________
Big Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mebbid's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Michigan USA
Posts: 12,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post

Dang Tim that's nuts and yess I want a 125g next or a custom tank like a 6x2x4 or something crazy lol I'm loving my tank and I just want to convert all my tanks already but my budget says no as of now ha.
Haha I know exactly how you feel. I'm in the process of upgrading my 20g to a 40b. After that when I finish school it is going to get upgraded to a 150. After that in upgrading to at least a 300
__________________

__________________
"The simplest explanation for some phenomenon is more likely to be accurate than more complicated explanations." -Occam's razor
Mebbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.