Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #131
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Not all angels are not reef safe there's one or two that's reef safe like the wantanabei it's total reef safe and there's a next one the swollowtail angelfish they are both reef safe I had both of them never touch a coral.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #132
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstreet.1 View Post
Not all angels are not reef safe there's one or two that's reef safe like the wantanabei it's total reef safe and there's a next one the swollowtail angelfish they are both reef safe I had both of them never touch a coral.
Got any links? I'm on mobile and 3g is slow as hell lol

Old 09-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Both require 125 gallon tanks minimum. He has a 37 gallon. Both are really nice fish but they need large tanks. 90% of angels are going to require a larger tank that you have tex and the other 10% are not reef safe. It's the challenges of ocean life being dropped into captivity. That's why I mentioned to tex about planning for an upgrade in the very near future lol use live aquaria as a reference for tank size.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post

Both require 125 gallon tanks minimum. He has a 37 gallon. Both are really nice fish but they need large tanks. 90% of angels are going to require a larger tank that you have tex and the other 10% are not reef safe. It's the challenges of ocean life being dropped into captivity. That's why I mentioned to tex about planning for an upgrade in the very near future lol
Aww yiss timmy to the rescue lol dude I finally found a buyer for my entire cichlid stock in my 75g yesterday so its empty and ready for sw ill text you in a bit with more questions lol
Old 09-01-2013, 02:33 PM   #135
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

Both require 125 gallon tanks minimum. He has a 37 gallon. Both are really nice fish but they need large tanks. 90% of angels are going to require a larger tank that you have tex and the other 10% are not reef safe. It's the challenges of ocean life being dropped into captivity. That's why I mentioned to tex about planning for an upgrade in the very near future lol use live aquaria as a reference for tank size.
Sorry for the mixup but was only telling him about the reef safe Angels was not telling him to get one for his tank.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #136
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:

Sorry for the mixup but was only telling him about the reef safe Angels was not telling him to get one for his tank.
No worries I just didn't want the fish to be placed into a tank too small for it.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #137
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Live have them on the site.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #138
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post
Aww yiss timmy to the rescue lol dude I finally found a buyer for my entire cichlid stock in my 75g yesterday so its empty and ready for sw ill text you in a bit with more questions lol
So this means I can hit you with an "I told you so!" right haha. I knew you'd want a bigger tank soon. Wait until you get to my level of addiction and have a 210 and still want to upgrade bigger. Next tank of mine is bouncing between a 400 and 600 gallon acylic tank I'm having the designs and all made for in my new house we are building. It will separate the game room and my livingroom with side over flows and a dedicated 700 Sq Ft filter room. I'm going to have to start pumping my water from the ocean for water changes lol
Old 09-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

So this means I can hit you with an "I told you so!" right haha. I knew you'd want a bigger tank soon. Wait until you get to my level of addiction and have a 210 and still want to upgrade bigger. Next tank of mine is bouncing between a 400 and 600 gallon acylic tank I'm having the designs and all made for in my new house we are building. It will separate the game room and my livingroom with side over flows and a dedicated 700 Sq Ft filter room. I'm going to have to start pumping my water from the ocean for water changes lol
Dang Tim that's nuts and yess I want a 125g next or a custom tank like a 6x2x4 or something crazy lol I'm loving my tank and I just want to convert all my tanks already but my budget says no as of now ha.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post

Dang Tim that's nuts and yess I want a 125g next or a custom tank like a 6x2x4 or something crazy lol I'm loving my tank and I just want to convert all my tanks already but my budget says no as of now ha.
Haha I know exactly how you feel. I'm in the process of upgrading my 20g to a 40b. After that when I finish school it is going to get upgraded to a 150. After that in upgrading to at least a 300

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com