Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #181
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy3693 View Post
Not on my iPad. She a beautiful swimmer too!
Well if you could get some I'd appreciate it, Google images is one thing and seeing live stock is another.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #182
Aquarium Advice Addict

Any other suggestions guys? The only other thing stopping me is the price tag :/

Old 09-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #183
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post
Any other suggestions guys? The only other thing stopping me is the price tag :/
Might as well hang up worrying with price tags in saltwater haha. Nothing in saltwater is cheap, free, easy, or instant. Generally the prettier the fish; the uglier the price tag. And vice versa
Old 09-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #184
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post

Might as well hang up worrying with price tags in saltwater haha. Nothing in saltwater is cheap, free, easy, or instant. Generally the prettier the fish; the uglier the price tag. And vice versa
**** I know, all the other blennys I listed were under $18 lol the midas is $30 plus I still need to include the ride over here.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #185
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex View Post

**** I know, all the other blennys I listed were under $18 lol the midas is $30 plus I still need to include the ride over here.
Honestly, the price tag is the only thing I don't worry about with fish. These are going to be one of the main display pieces in your aquarium and can live 10+ years. If you choose one fish over another that you like more solely because of the price tag its something you will probably regret.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #186
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post

Honestly, the price tag is the only thing I don't worry about with fish. These are going to be one of the main display pieces in your aquarium and can live 10+ years. If you choose one fish over another that you like more solely because of the price tag its something you will probably regret.
So true!!! Heres a newer little guy from Ora, different looking maybe not the most beautiful fish. But there personality makes up for it, I put my hand in the tank and he comes over and sits right in it or hides behind it saying pet me. Price was $18 and captive bred.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2782089823.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	196674  
Old 09-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #187
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebbid View Post

I know I know.. my kimpuma hongi island cichlid was not cheap, but he ran my entire tank and became one of the visitors favorite fish aside from my ruby red peacocks lol.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #188
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Fishy View Post

So true!!! Heres a newer little guy from Ora, different looking maybe not the most beautiful fish. But there personality makes up for it, I put my hand in the tank and he comes over and sits right in it or hides behind it saying pet me. Price was $18 and captive bred.
Looks cool, I'm not a big cardinal fan but I am big on personality.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #189
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Red Mandarin
I wish i could keep one of these red mandarins. They are awesome but i cant keep a pod population going. I'll stock my fuge with 2500 at a time and within a few weeks i can maybe catch two or three when i flashlight them in the dark.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #190
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Red Mandarin
I wish i could keep one of these red mandarins. They are awesome but i cant keep a pod population going. I'll stock my fuge with 2500 at a time and within a few weeks i can maybe catch two or three when i flashlight them in the dark.
oh god i wisjh i could too, my lrs has a pair in their 500g coral prop tank, i drool everytime i go see them.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com