Sand may not have been my best choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking I need to change my substrate to crushed coral or something of larger grain. My Niger trigger keeps "digging" up the sand and as a result my rocks are covered with sand. I'm getting tired of having to clean off the rocks.

Mt trigger did it too, and you can just use a turkey baster and blow it off. For what I have heard, crushed coral traps all sorts of nasty stuff. Also, if you ever plan on a goby or other bottom dweller crushed coral is way to big for them to sift.

I had a huma huma and a niger trigger liing peacefully with an engineer goby... Never even had a single issue. Keep in mind that triggers like to dig and search, a larger, sharper substrate could possibly cut and harm the fish

We have a bullet goby, pink spotted watchman, Niger trigger, porkie puffer, pair of squareback anthias, pair of occy clowns, mimic tang, lunar wrasse, 3 yellow chromis, small 6 line, and a coral beauty living in harmony in a 180g fowlr. Trigger doesn't mess with the gobies at all...they swim at different levels...and if you think the trigger is messy, the bullet goby is a slob with the sand...looks like a winter wonderland after a few days...good luck

Rosesrblu1 said:
We have a bullet goby, pink spotted watchman, Niger trigger, porkie puffer, pair of squareback anthias, pair of occy clowns, mimic tang, lunar wrasse, 3 yellow chromis, small 6 line, and a coral beauty living in harmony in a 180g fowlr. Trigger doesn't mess with the gobies at all...they swim at different levels...and if you think the trigger is messy, the bullet goby is a slob with the sand...looks like a winter wonderland after a few days...good luck

Wow, I'd love to see your tank!

Let me see how to upload pics and I will for sure...my hubby ordered a queen angel and we are awaiting arrival from the Lfs...

Back
Top Bottom