Sand sifting gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gubernaculum86

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a small sandsifting gobie?

I have had 2 Diamond Watchman Gobies in the past. I currently have 2 sandsifting starfish and a black seacucmber to help mix my sand, but they don't do anywhere as near as good of a job as the Diamond Gobies. The first one I had was smaller about 1 to 1 1/2 inches and just disappeared into his burrow one day and never came out. I just recently got my second goby and he was larger about 2 to 2 1/2. This second one was for lack of a better word nuts, he cleaned the entire tank in about 24 hrs and dug one hole so deep my live rock toppled over. Unfortunately he was stressing out my black seacucumber, he wouldn't come down off the sides and spent the whole time hiding, and I can't say I blame him. I know that seacucmbers can be toxic if they die or become overly stressed, so I was concerned about my other fish. Unfortunately my latest goby found the only spot in the top of my tank that I didn't realize wasn't covered and managed to jump out.
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a sandsifting goby that doesn't get to big, max size about 1 1/2 inches, that way it won't hopefully stress my cucumber out too much.

Back
Top Bottom