Sand storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparta

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank looks like a sand storm blew through it. Can anyone please help me. How do I get clear water again

It's been running for a month now. Looks like a sand storm wen through it.

I have a lionfish, Picasso trigger, clown trigger in a 55 gallon tank

Can anyone tell me what I need to do. I just had my water tested Friday and everything is good

Any new equipment added? Maybe your circulation pumps are too strong. Point them up towards the surface. What kind of filtration are you using?

Nothing new and I also have circulation pumps pointed upward. I have a canister filtration system

If you're new to saltwater and this is your first tank, take your time adding fish. Don't make the same mistake I did.

You can take a piece of bulk media or a filter pad and add it around the outflow. A zip tie would work and that padding interfering with the direct blast should help reduce the sand blowing around.

Are you sure there is sand blowing around?

Maybe it is in the canister filter and it also needs to be cleaned out of sand.

If you poured water into the tank and kicked up sand the filter could have sucked it up and now its is coming out of the canister...?

After a month even if you stir sand it should settle pretty quickly. Are you sure it is sand and not a bacterial bloom from the cycle. Those are 3 large predatory fish in that tank. Do you have numbers for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

Also, id find someone with a bigger tank for that clown trigger. They get well over a foot and will literally kill everything in your tank. Beautiful fish but really need a massive tank to not become horrible monsters.

Local fish store. Should come in bags or you can buy it in a large container and add it to bags yourself

Cleaned my filter and water seams to be clearing up but my lionfish still won't eat. I bought him Friday and he hasn't eaten since then it's been 5 days

Back
Top Bottom