Sandbeds and Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,

I was noticing last night before going to bed that my two clowns have steaked out a spot for them in the lower left hand corner of my Tank I notice my O. Clown was shifting some sand with his/her tail just wondering if they are getting ready to mate they have gotten bigger since i have had them and it seems as if they have claim that territory.... Just wondering if this is just natural for them or they are just making there home for now?...Let me know

thanks
:new-alien:

Sandbed and clowns

I don't know about the breeding signs, but I had a Tomatoe Clown that did it all the time....it got so bad that I had to put the short intake tube back on the filter as he was kicking sand into it...he acted like he enjoyed doing it !!!

Curly

If the clown is shifting sand repetetively then it's most likely preparing the area for courtship and future egg laying.

Alright well I will keep a watch out and see what happens it's been a few days since the sandbeds have been work up I notice the other day that looks like if someone was messing with the sand I thought it was my Daughter again if you look at my previous Thread on why I thought it was her, but in anycase seems as if they been shiftting the sand for awhile now....

I've got a lone O.Clown and it digs holes in one end of the tank all the time. (The sand bed, that is.) I've learned not to put any corals in "its" territory after it killed off my bubble coral.

Back
Top Bottom