scooter Blenny M.I.A.!! Blenny2 is getting picked on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquadummy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had a 30 gallon with a foxface rabbit, fireflame angel and i got a scooter blenny. all was well and good for 3 -4 months then blenny was gone!. No carcass to be found. no spikes in water chemistry. also i don't own a cat and tank was completely covered except when feeding. So just the other day I got my 30 put in a 75 gallon and all was well and good so i bought another Scooter Blenny. I call him blenny2. Hes appears fine but i noticed fox mccloud(foxface rabbitfish) was picking on him. kinda seemed like he was eating stuff off of him. Either way blenny2 did not seem to happy about this. Do you think maybe Blenny1 was eaten? My LFS is pretty understanding and I'm sure they would let me return Blenny2 if I needed to. Or is it possible mccloud was just trying to pick something off him cause he looks like a chunk of rock? any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated . Thanks a bunch, Aquadummy
BLENNY2
img_1059193_0_23340a476653041a111046ea9eaaefa6.jpg
[/IMG]
Fox Mccloud(he might be sizing up Blenny2 in this photo)
img_1059193_1_6a80cceff796566dcb342096280bcf2b.jpg
[/IMG]

Foxfaces can be quite aggressive to other tankmates. I would keep an eye out on the situation.

i forgot to mention the starfish you just helped me identify, (Ophiomastix annulosa)
on the weblink you sent it says --"It is nocturnal and often hides under rocks during the day. At night, it comes out to eat detritus and small organisms. Avoid housing with slow, small, sluggish fish." hmmm Blenny2 and Blenny1 were all of the above slow, small, and sluggish............ Any thoughts on that?

Back
Top Bottom