Sea hare slug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apps4ever

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 90 gallon SW tank and have been having a big problem with hair algae. I have hand picked the algae many many times and it keeps coming back. I have done many water changes, checked water levels, tried hermit crabs and snails, and much more, and nothing keeps it under control. I have done research and have decided to get a sea hare slug, but I wasnt sure what type I should get. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi and welcome to AA!

Before you get a sea hare, i would try to diagnose why your tank keeps getting hair algae. What are your water parameters? What's your feeding schedule? Something is feeding that algae.

I am not sure the parameters. My husband does that, and he tells me that it is all within normal range. We do have a problem with the pH being too high at times. I contacted Mr. X previously, and he told me the problem could be due to the crushed coral we have. We have slowly been getting rid of that, every water change. We feed the fish about every other day.

Back
Top Bottom