Sea Urchin vs. Damsel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I added 2 sea urchins to my tank last night. Today I noticed that 1 of my blue damsels is missing. Will the sea urchins eat the damsels when they are sleeping? Please let me know hat you all think. Thx

Sea urchins move pretty slowly and damsels have lighting fast reflexes, so it's hard for me to see that happening. Never heard if it happening, what kind if CUC you got? Fish could have died and other members if the cuC ate it.

That's good to know. I have about 10 hermit crabs and this other big slug in a shell type thing. Forgot the name. Is anyone knows the name that would be helpful. It has a snout and a tail that comes out of the shell to clean.

A conch? Google that and see if that's what it is. That's my best guess without a pic.

image-1887340227.jpg

These are them. I've heard that if they die, they're super toxic?

Attachments

• image-2366884453.jpg
    image-2366884453.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 72
That's an urchin, not a conch. They're hard to keep in a new tank, might not have a enough alar to keep it alive.

Beengirl said:
That's an urchin, not a conch. They're hard to keep in a new tank, might not have a enough alar to keep it alive.

Agreed

Back
Top Bottom