Seahorses

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mckitrick

Aquarium Advice Freak
I will probly never get seahorses but I just wanted to know how they are different from taking care of other fish I do know they should be in a species only tank because they are slow eaters, but other than that what is harder about them

they need minimal flow as they are not very good swimmers so powerful power heads are definite no no also you can not put a heater in the main tank as they are know to hook on it and burn themselves

They are expert only! They require more feeding than normal.. Like Woody said minimal flow, and no heater in main tank. Their water needs to be perfect all the time!! I was thinking about seahorses until I read all the requirements. I knew my luck I would kill them, so I am staying away. :p

I only feed my horses live foods. Which means three times a day I'm adding food to the tank, and a couple times a day for about an hour I'm maintaining and starting new cultures of food. I don't believe they're "expert only" just "for the dedicated only"

I didn't realize all the care they are definitely for the most dedicated

Back
Top Bottom