SeanMonster's First Reef Tank (90g)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jlsardina said:
Depends on the clam. Maxima require a lot of light versus the crocea that can stay in the sand bed. You can't have a copperbanded butterfly or angel tho or say bye bye to the clam

Honestly not sure I would attempt an angel anyway. I have a very hard time keeping them alive. As in I haven't been successful at it yet.

Seems that I have very bad luck with angels also. Lol. I want to say, if you want a reef, start out with ALL of the right equipment before hand. It will save you alot of $$$ down the road. Also, I am following along. (y)
Ps. I live the color of your lights.

Also suggestion for coral:
Blasto
Bubble coral
And everything else I think was already covered.. Lol

I have noticed a lot of people have issues with Angels. A really good reef angel is the wanatabe. In fact- you could have a whole school of them. No joke!

Jlsardina said:
I have noticed a lot of people have issues with Angels. A really good reef angel is the wanatabe. In fact- you could have a whole school of them. No joke!

Seriously? I will have to look into those. My apprehension stems from the fact that I have lost 8 angles (large and dwarf combined). In all fairness, my first Emperor might still be alive if he left my Volitan alone and didn't get stung.

Abugg said:
Seems that I have very bad luck with angels also. Lol. I want to say, if you want a reef, start out with ALL of the right equipment before hand. It will save you alot of $$$ down the road. Also, I am following along. (y)
Ps. I live the color of your lights.

Abugg, thanks for the advice. The LFS that I used for this was big on quoting all the best equipment (which I purchased). I certainly don't want the setup to be the deciding factor on success or failure. BTW, both my wife and I are in love with green bubble coral :).

Cycle going well. I checked levels on Wed and got 0, 0, and <5. The lfs wanted to test on Thurs and checked ammonia and nitrite. They got 0.2 and 0.1. I trust my results but am going to play it safe and recheck next week. Had a diatom outbreak today. Definitely getting close.

Cycle has completed. Diatoms turning green. Today I added 6 Trochus snails and a mated pair of Ocellaris clowns.

Gboy66 said:
Very cool so far! When do you plan to add some coral?

This weekend. Not sure yet what I'm adding. My lfs has some really cool hammers. Also has a psammacora that I like. Also a fan of brain coral, doughnut coral and mushrooms. I would say look for my first piece by Sunday. :) I feel like a kid at Christmas right now.

SeanMonster said:
This weekend. Not sure yet what I'm adding. My lfs has some really cool hammers. Also has a psammacora that I like. Also a fan of brain coral, doughnut coral and mushrooms. I would say look for my first piece by Sunday. :) I feel like a kid at Christmas right now.

Lol! Man, i am obsessed with the euphelia (sp??) family! Torches, frogspawns, hammers..go for one of those!!

Gboy66 said:
Lol! Man, i am obsessed with the euphelia (sp??) family! Torches, frogspawns, hammers..go for one of those!!

Yea, like the look of the torches too. Decisions, decisions. Hehe

Back
Top Bottom