SeanMonster's First Reef Tank (90g)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeanMonster

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, it finally arrived and is set up. Set up includes:

90 gallon reef ready tank
TEK T5 lights
ASM G1X protein skimmer
Mag 7 pump
Koralia 1050 ph
Visitherm 300 heater
60 lbs live rock
40 lbs sand

I have included pictures below. Still slightly cloudy. Think it will be better tomorrow

That will be one of my next purchases as well. Tired of topping off, about 1 gallon a day!

Flreefer said:
That will be one of my next purchases as well. Tired of topping off, about 1 gallon a day!

Not that I have had a full 24 hours with it yet, but it's pretty slick. I think it was worth the $125.

Austin.b said:
Nice looking tank! What are you thinking about stocking? Is it going to be a FOWLR or a reef?

Going reef. Already have a 180g FO. Right now I'm thinking pair of clowns, 3-4 chromis (or is it chromi?), some kind of goby, maybe a basslet, kole tang, and (a big maybe) a mandarin way down the road.

As far as coral, I'm looking at green bubble coral and fire coral. Not really decided beyond that.

Pretty excited. At least two of the live rocks have coralline on them. Will definitely forgo the Purple Up and let it do it's "thing".

And I'm last to the party. Wasn't looking for a reef tank in the FOWLR section of the forums. Looks pretty awesome for 125 bucks! Get some macro rock when you order your ATO.

What kind of corals will you be keeping in there?

Sniperhank said:
And I'm last to the party. Wasn't looking for a reef tank in the FOWLR section of the forums. Looks pretty awesome for 125 bucks! Get some macro rock when you order your ATO.

What kind of corals will you be keeping in there?

Sorry about the confusion. Spend most of my time in the FOWLR forum and noticed that there is a lot of reef posting, so didn't really think about it. Also, the $125 was for the ATO. The entire system was quite a bit more. The Mrs. said she wanted to spend on good equipment if we were trying a reef (gotta love her, she supports all of my hobbies).

As for coral, I definitely want a green bubble coral and a fire coral. I haven't gotten much beyond that at this point. Been in the FO world awhile but a total newbie when it comes to reefs. Working with a top-notch LFS, but open to suggestions. Just don't want anything too difficult right off the bat.

SeanMonster said:
Sorry about the confusion. Spend most of my time in the FOWLR forum and noticed that there is a lot of reef posting, so didn't really think about it. Also, the $125 was for the ATO. The entire system was quite a bit more. The Mrs. said she wanted to spend on good equipment if we were trying a reef (gotta love her, she supports all of my hobbies).

As for coral, I definitely want a green bubble coral and a fire coral. I haven't gotten much beyond that at this point. Been in the FO world awhile but a total newbie when it comes to reefs. Working with a top-notch LFS, but open to suggestions. Just don't want anything too difficult right off the bat.

My suggestion-

War coral
Acans
Torch
Hammers
Yuma mushrooms
CAndy coral
Toadstool or Fiji leather
Symposium
Galaxia
Etc. lol

Sps. Lol

I have so many more recommendations. The colors out there are amazing. I'm a fan of bright colors and flowy corals personally. Lol

SeanMonster said:
Anyone have luck (good or bad) with clams?

Depends on the clam. Maxima require a lot of light versus the crocea that can stay in the sand bed. You can't have a copperbanded butterfly or angel tho or say bye bye to the clam

Back
Top Bottom