Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

This guy kinda does!!! http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...140&pcatid=140 and the picasso can get 8". And extremely means they're usually fine and peaceful and then one day they go ballistic and kill everything.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Recheck your measurements, 4.5'x2'x2.5' is more than 87 gallons. Those measurements are 168 us gallons.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Is it 4.5 feet? looks alot like mine, and i think mine is 38". Looks super high tec and awesome though.... Lol there are still some sweet fish you can add.
F
O
X
F
A
C
E
Old 08-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks nu nu. You do love the foxfaces lol, ill go measure it after dinner
Pair of German Blue Rams, Pair of Peacock Gobys, Venezuelan Corys, Long Finned Pepper Cory, Orange Neon Cory, Sterbai Corys, Albino Corys, Elegans Corys, Bronze Corys, Columbian Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Rummy Nose Tetras, Marble Hatchets, Zebra Danios, Red Finned Zebra Danio, African Dwarf Frog and Darwin the Cream and Blue Betta
steg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

its a 4.5 by 1.5 by 2 foot.

100 gallons
Pair of German Blue Rams, Pair of Peacock Gobys, Venezuelan Corys, Long Finned Pepper Cory, Orange Neon Cory, Sterbai Corys, Albino Corys, Elegans Corys, Bronze Corys, Columbian Tetras, Cardinal Tetras, Rummy Nose Tetras, Marble Hatchets, Zebra Danios, Red Finned Zebra Danio, African Dwarf Frog and Darwin the Cream and Blue Betta
Old 08-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Unfortunately mate you still ain't got the space for what you want. :-(
Old 08-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

well i'll stick a kole in instead of a purple, the puffer can stay, i'll go for a wrasse that eats worms, i may risk a trigger or i may go for a foxface or lion fish, and i'll go with the flame angel or cherub
Old 08-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Addict

Triggers needing a 6' tank isn't only about aggression. It's also about the swimming space required. For most range, a 6' tank is required because they swim a lot, and IME, triggers swim a lot more than tangs, get just as big, are messier eaters, and are more aggressive. So I would seriously not get the trigger. You'll be fine with a dwarf lion, kole, dwarf angel, and other smallish fish. And the fox. Just make sure you can keep params in check because thats a messy load.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

i see where you're coming from but what difference is a 4.5 ft thats wider and deeper? i mean the difference is 1.5 ft when they're actually used to millions of gallons in the ocean?
Old 08-07-2012, 07:05 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

It's all down to footprint and actual swimming space mate.

Tags
marine, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com