Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-23-2010, 06:19 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Seen my first fight

While checking on my tank a few minutes ago, I saw something very odd and scary at the same time. I was looking at the tank and my flame angel nipped at my firefish. All of a sudden,my powder brown tang comes from nowhere and slams the angel into the side of the tank. The firefish and tang are buddies I assume because they always hang together. The tank is 180g and I have the flame,firefish,2 clowns,pb and regal blue tangs, mccoskers flasher wrasse,and pakistan butterfly. The angel was the last fish in and has only been in for a week. The firefish stays around a 2ft section, but the angel goes everywhere. Are flame angels known for this, or was he just playing around? The firefish had no marks or missing fins.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

in a 180g I would imagine they will all settle in soon. In a tank that large unfriendly fish have enough space they learn to stay away from each other. Probably just establishing some order. I'm more surprised your tangs aren't fighting. Keep an eye on them and keep us posted.

Dorm Pico Tank
Jimbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The tangs went in at the same time and are about the same size. Give or take a .25''. The angel hasn't done anything else I can see, no nipped fins or any injuries. It's pretty wild at feeding time, the pb tang will circle around the firefish and let him eat first, then the tang eats. Other than that,no one fish really acts like the maffia don of the tank. They all seem to get along. Hopefully,it was a one time thing,because I won't think twice about reselling a problematic fish.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

lol that's cool, the firefish got himself a body guard. This hobby continues to entertain me more and more.

-Chuck
Krypt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fight

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com