Setup of my live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONESTOCK

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got in 70lbs of Liverock for my 75 gallon tank. Is there a certain way I should set it up? Like a guide or something?

I don't know of a guide. I'd just do whatever you think looks nice. Make sure you have rock far enough from the glass so you can clean everywhere and allow water flow so food and other junk doesn't pile up at a certain location.

You want a loose arrangement, to allow for good waterflow through and around the rocks to prevent detritus from settling, other than that...have fun with it and be creative.

I'd leave room between the rock and the front and sides (for cleaning the glass) but not the back.

Also think about what is going in your tank will the inhabitants be digging under the rock or trying to bulldoze it? We have an orange spotted goby that love to topple our rockwork in our 29g and a urchin that trys to knock rockwork over. If you find a way that you like you can drill small holes in the rock and zip-tie them together so they won't fall and can still be removed if need be, unlike glue/epoxy that are permanent. The zip-ties become covered by coraline very quickly so you dont notice them.

Back
Top Bottom