Sexy and cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
I`m currently stocking my 25 and I am trying to find how many bottom feeders I need. Mt tank is a 25 gallon and the demisions are 24" x 12" x 20".
Now I`m interested in striped cleaner shrimp, blood red shrimp, sexy shrimp, pom pom crab, and the Porcelain Crab. My tank is going to be home to serval SPS and LPS. Any info or suggestions would be great, thanks.

I would only add one cleaner shrimp species. Some people report two different cleaner shrimp species will be aggressive to each other

I think sexy shrimp are like clownfish and live around anemones so they probably aren't cleaners.

I doubt it. If the blood red and sexy shrimp stay in their own territory they should be fine but I'd still be cautious in case your shrimp behave differently.

Alright, thanks. I'm going to be extra careful with all invertebrates I add because of that. Do you if I had a porcelain crab would over stock the tank. I'm. Not getting any hermits becuse of some horror stories I read.

Cool, if I got a pistol shrimp instead of a porcelain crab would it cause trouble with the BR shrimp?

Sorry if I'm playing 20 questions.

The pistol shrimp is a burrower so I don't see a problem unless you have a strange BR shrimp.

If you end up getting the BR shrimp and the pistol shrimp, I'd add the pistol shrimp and goby first that way the pistol will have a well established home when you and the BR shrimp.

That's my plan, I'm going to try and go with a small BR shrimp too. Hopefully it won't be really aggressive

I think so, I'm still thinking about the clownfish

1. Fire fish
1x yasha goby
Either
2x perc clownfish or
1 yellow banded possum wrasse

1x BR shrimp
Mabye a porcelain crab
3-6 sexy shrimp
1 Randall's pistol shrimp

Lots of coral

I'd go with the possum wrasse because many people say a single clownfish needs at least 20 gallons

Wow, haven't heard that. Some clowns do get big, but percs ( false one I think) stay small like 3 inches is what I think live aquaria said.
I still iffiy on them though, that's why I like the yellow banded possum wrasse. I'm going to more research on them before I decide what to buy

I've always liked the look of the wrasse, it looks kinda funny. I used to love the idea of crabs but I've had a couple different ones and I think I liked the arrow crab the best.
Don't get more than 2 other fish if you get a clown, cause they get stressed.

Back
Top Bottom