sharing my excitement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cajunbaby75

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok here it is my 200 gal FOWLR remember i just got it started today what do you guys think of the decor and should i change anything? i feel like somethings missing <besides fish!!!!>

Attachments

• mvc-001s_133.jpg
    mvc-001s_133.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 448
Most people go with LR and DSB for the natural look. But it's nice to see someone going the traditional aquarium style. LR tanks look nice but they aren't as "fun". Downside is loss of the beneficial filtration of the LR. But personally, I like it. :fadein:

Actually, I think it looks great! Very nice decore, I am not a big fan of fake decos but you have done a great job. It looks very "fun". The biggest challenge with fake decorations and plants is keeping them clean. Algea loves to cover these things so they just require a little extra attention. What are you using for filtration??

thanks everyone i added 35 lbs more LR today to bring up the clam and sides i still have some work but its looking good on day 2 parameters are ammonia--.50 no2 0 no3 10 ph 8.0-8.2 temp 76.5 salintity 1.025 i have a wet/dry sump with a uv and soon to be added a protein skimmer 8)

I like a more natural looking tank, but it really only matters what you think of it.

Stand is awesome. I'm not a fan of props, etc., because I prefer the natural look and I've found them to be a PAIN to keep clean. I started with a couple in my FW tanks and now everyone of them is gone.

Having said that, though, I'd kill to have your setup!!! :)

i have a wet/dry sump with a uv and soon to be added a protein skimmer
Great call on the skimmer. A good alternative for a tank without a lot of LR in it is to replace the biomedia in the sump with LR rubble. It is a lot cheaper (sometimes free) and will give you the same biofiltration benifits you get from LR. Just a thought. Looks ike your cycle is underway. Any ideas of the fish you want?? Keep up the good work. You could work in interior design...Lando

I LOVE IT!!! :D The pink plastic coral on either side of the clam is the bomb!!! And the treasure chest is very Old School 8) .

Back
Top Bottom