Originally Posted by Robbiesamp
Yea that's the case but everyone is saying different things and people are saying the are hard to get to eat and I'm like freaking out cause I don't know what to do
Most hatchlings will have an attached yolk sac that they have been nourished by during the development process. At birth the yolk sac will continue to be ingested while the animal adapts and allows for further rest from the hatching process. Many if not majority of the time newborns won't feed until their yolk supply is exhausted. Often when the animal is fed while still being "yolked" the ingested food particulates will just sit within the intestinal gut where systemic infection can occur (the food is unable to be broken down) and would need proactive treatment. Don't be surprised if the newborn develops a red rash on its underside as their skin is fairly sensitive regardless of what it rests upon and likely need antibacterial treatment. There is a big difference in care between a newborn and a juvenile shark with most sites offering guidelines for juvies/adults.