Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of shark,send pics,and any meaty foods will do like,squid or any sw fish that you would buy at a fish market,cut up some pieces and feed like every other day,but watch your hand once he learns that you being near the tank =food he might chomp you

Ok lol and it's a bamboo cat shark it hasn't hatched yet but I just want everything ready for it

If it just hatched it'll prob still have a yolk sac attached. You won't have to feed it until it has been consumed (about a week). If this is the case, do not feed it.

Yea that's the case but everyone is saying different things and people are saying the are hard to get to eat and I'm like freaking out cause I don't know what to do

Yep here you go

Attachments

• image-173586969.jpg
    image-173586969.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 217
I have him in a 50 until he eats than I have a 200 that he will go in

"Juveniles are often difficult to get to eat. Adding a natural scent and flavor enhancer such as Seachem Entice (Compare Prices), and introducing live farmed-raised saltwater feeder shrimp (White Shrimp - Penaeus vannamei) to the aquarium can help to peak a stubborn feeder's interest. | The Brownbanded Bamboo Shark has a small mouth that it cannot open very wide, and it does not bite off pieces of food. It should be given tiny bits of food that it can easily consume whole, otherwise it may ignore and even spit out chunks that are too large."

http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/sharkprofiles/p/bbbambooshark.htm

Congratulations, seems like an interesting animal to care for.

Yea that's the case but everyone is saying different things and people are saying the are hard to get to eat and I'm like freaking out cause I don't know what to do

Most hatchlings will have an attached yolk sac that they have been nourished by during the development process. At birth the yolk sac will continue to be ingested while the animal adapts and allows for further rest from the hatching process. Many if not majority of the time newborns won't feed until their yolk supply is exhausted. Often when the animal is fed while still being "yolked" the ingested food particulates will just sit within the intestinal gut where systemic infection can occur (the food is unable to be broken down) and would need proactive treatment. Don't be surprised if the newborn develops a red rash on its underside as their skin is fairly sensitive regardless of what it rests upon and likely need antibacterial treatment. There is a big difference in care between a newborn and a juvenile shark with most sites offering guidelines for juvies/adults.

Last edited:
I have another question do I need to keep the egg in the tank when the shark is out and swimming

Squid and silverside r really smelly they like both but make sure they r small sometime u may have to force feed them to so they get used to food I have two one died then I got a marble cat shark they r fun to watch

Small tongs and u hold him and force it into him month they r stubborn it may take a couple of try's

Back
Top Bottom