Shark tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So yeah it would be 5 grand for salt for a BIG tank that is 15 thousands gallons. So right there you are already looking at 7 grand, than add the filters and heaters you are in the 10 grand range for even a pool tank. PLUS if you want to cut unto the metal to provide a few port holes to look into too, that will add to the cost and risk of tank failure.

It would also need to sit somewhere where it would stay under 80F year round. More likely expensive chillers needed. Plus 15000 gallons of saltwater in a above ground pool sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Cleaning it? Stocking it? I think I'll let somebody else try this.

Agreed!!

I was about to say the same thing. You would need this to be in a controlled environment so basement? Than your house would be open to erosion so you would need an elaborate venting system.

It would be a massive undertaking that would not really be feasible. Plus if I was going to spend that much money for an aquarium you better be sure it's going to look better than a wal-mart pool. :p

Just go to the local aquarium and pay the 20 bucks and see all the sharks you want....and let them take care of all the specifics ;)

Here you go greg.....

ChumBuddy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom