should i reposition my powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
if its not a good circular motion?
i would say its like in all directions at the same time lol

im worried because my new goby hasnt traveled to my left side, only strictly right, and behind a rock, as if avoiding the wave

dont have much options to change the position except in the opposite direction, but i feel it would have the same effect

i have a long tank btw

How big of a tank is it, how long? What are your dimensions?

its a 20l, i believe its 36 inches long

and my fish died, :(. I cant tell if he was stressed or sick, but i immediately removed him

To be honest when i bought him he was very inactive and in his own container but didnt think anything of it since it was pretty much a baby. I checked my params and it still has 0 ammo and nitrite i dont think it was my parameters, well the shrimp and cleaners are still up and running at least

im going to do another test today and water change

is 79 degrees too high?

Flow from your powerheads wouldn't kill your fish. They get moved around all the time by aquarists until they are happy.

What are your parameters?

How long has the tank been set up?

Gobies tend to stay in one spot (home)

last time i checked all my params were 0, except possibly nitrate that is hard to tell with the colors
ive had live rock sitting in there for a month with no lights, it was "cured live rock" from live aquatica (5 day shipping)

right now i noticed on day 1 all my snails were on my rocks, but on day 3 they area all on my walls trying to get out, does it mean something about my parameters being uncomfortable?

i might try to add more salt, i had a low end and multiple inaccurate readings

the shrimp is the one thing that looked fine

Yeah, gobies tend to stick near their "home". 79 is fine, my tanks stay between 77-80. Sometimes when fish die, it's not our faults. LFS do sell us defective fish/inverts time to time. How long did you have it?

Back
Top Bottom