Should I risk the skunk Cleaner Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was told that I might want to try and risk having a cleaner shrimp in my tank. Even with fish that would normally eat other shrimp, they say that most of the time the fish will leave them alone because of the markings on the shrimp.

I was told if the shrimp was accepted it would be a GREAT benefit to my tank. I have as of right now.

1. lunare wrasse
1. Blue Spotted Toby Puffer
1. Coral Beauty
1. Yellow Tang
1. Yellow Eye Tang.
1. Spiny Sea Urchin.

The tank I plan on having will be set up in a 120 long in a few weeks. I plan on adding.

1. Singapore Angel
1. One Spot Fox Face

I do plan on adding three more, just have not decided yet, for a total of 10 things in my tank. The only fish I am worried about eating the shrimp is the wrasse and puffer.

the only way you may have a chance is if you have a QT tank till the shrimp settles in than reintroduce the puffer

I love my cleaner shrimp great attractions to tank but I want a Puffer fish but cant because of my Redline Shrimp aka Dr . Phil.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, I am not going to risk it. I don't want to kill something. I know it's all nature, but I don't need to give a death sentence to something if I don't have too.

Back
Top Bottom