Should I stop feeding Pellets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am using "New Life Spectrum" Marine fish formula pellets.

Some of my fish eat it, some of them just look at the float buy without eating.

When I feed them mysis shrimp or even brine shrimp all my fish go nuts and its a feeding frenzy. :lol:

So my question is, being most of the pellets end up on the sand floor, and all my fish don't eat them, is it worth still feeding pellets?

Should I just feed the shrimp to them, and maybe soak it in Garlic Guard every now and than?

I will say all the pellets that make it to the sand bed, are gone the next day. I have hermit craps, and I know some of the fish pick off them off the sand bed (The ones that eat them).

I also have a Goby that I just put into the tank (Sleeper). He has not been eating yet and it's been two days. I know he is getting adjusted, but what is a good thing for him to be eating? He did come out for the pellets, but I didn't see him eat one. It was my hope he would pick the leftover food off the sand bed. I have live sand that has been in use for 5 months.

I would keep using the pellets and just give less of them . I feed my emperor angel and white cheek tank nls 2x a day plus other foods. Imo the nls is the best staple diet you can use .

Back
Top Bottom