show fish for 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottayy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,

Original I intended on having a yellow tang and a pacific blue tang as show fish for my 55 gallon tank.

I have decided against that.

I have planned 2 ocerallis clownfish, 2 green chromis, and a royal gramma, and possibly a flame angelfish(though probably not).. along with snails and crabs.

Any ideas for a "centerpiece" fish or two? Preferably reef safe in case I decide to do that in the future.

you should look at a kole tang their nice fish and they dont need a 6 foot tank like some of the other tangs

Yeah that's why I probably won't get a flame angel is because it is reef compatible "with caution".

I just don't want to harm anything in the long run if I decide I want some corals or invertebrates.

The kole tang looks awesome! Very high possibility there!

Any other ideas?

Most tangs do need a 6 foot tank to be happy, but Kole tang would work. Hmm, a redbar anthias is really nice and can be housed by itself. It is semi aggressive but it only gets 4" long max so it should be fine so long as you aren't putting baby gobies in there.

Have you looked at a Coral Beauty either? Very flashy fish. Well actually, neither the beauty or the anthias get too big so you could have them BOTH :O.

Kole tang, Coral Beauty, Redbar anthias = one amazing tank.

Looking on live aquaria to see if things are reef compatible and their temperment

Trying to find a butterfly fish! they are beautiful

Coral beauty is a really good way to go. I have one and she has alot of personality. She's always picking at the rocks though. Did a lot of work to some algae. As for a CB with corals, most say with caution, and I agree, but mine and some others I've seen do great. Mine picked at one for a minute and has left all of them alone ever since. No coral loss at all. Really elegant fish.

I had a yellow tang in a 40 gallin tank for 3 years and he was perfectly fine and happy... I wouldnt rule it out...

Back
Top Bottom