Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefChum518

Aquarium Advice Activist
Will different types of shrimp get along in the same tank???

I have two peppermints and was looking at possibly getting a fire shrimp, would these two be ok together?

Not sure what can/can't be mixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I keep peppermints , skunk , fire shrimp together with no issues
as long as you dont add a coral banded shrimp you will be ok , I keep them in my predator tank

I keep peppermints , skunk , fire shrimp together with no issues
as long as you dont add a coral banded shrimp you will be ok , I keep them in my predator tank

Same here. I have a peppermint, skunk cleaner & Fire shrimp in my tank. No problems so far.

Well I didn't end up getting a fire shrimp, needed some help with some algae removal and went with a serious hand full of different snails and an algae Benny! Possibly next time I visit the lfs I'll pick one up! But these guys are eating up the algae.

When the algae runs dry can I supplement with seaweed?

Last edited by a moderator:
When the algae runs dry can I supplement with seaweed?

Oh I see just throw me to the snails lol :D

actually they'll be ok as they will find something to eat between the glass and also the crevices on the rock thy should find small morsels of food

Lol, good to know ! Sry been battling different algae cycles, tanks only 5 months old. So far the worst was the cyano problem I had, but I defeated that beast!!!!! Now just have green hair, which they are mowing over!

Next visit will be be fire shrimp and possibly a mushroom coral to get my feet wet in that department!

Lol, good to know ! Sry been battling different algae cycles, tanks only 5 months old. So far the worst was the cyano problem I had, but I defeated that beast!!!!! Now just have green hair, which they are mowing over!

Next visit will be be fire shrimp and possibly a mushroom coral to get my feet wet in that department!

How did you get rid of your cyano? Having issues with it at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advic

Lots and lots of big water changes! And cut way back on feedings!

Water changes I did, well tried to do about 50%, and my feedings are now like every three days and and I alternate flake and the frozen food

Also my cyano primarily stayed on one side of my tank and covered the sand like a carpet, so if you don't mine loosing some sand I just took my net and scalped the top of the sand and the just tossed it

Also my cyano primarily stayed on one side of my tank and covered the sand like a carpet, so if you don't mine loosing some sand I just took my net and scalped the top of the sand and the just tossed it

Noticed the same thing started to grow on one side of my tank!! Am thinking to take that portion out and wash it and dump it after in the sump ?

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

I dealt with cyno & hair algae when I started my 1st tank afew years back... Something's that helped me were
water quality don't use tap water use RO
Light quality an timing light is on too long or using old bulbs fixtures..
And as has been said feeding and good water change schedule

Back
Top Bottom