Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-10-2011, 12:03 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

+1 on the SG.
As far as the acclimation, when you say you add water from your tank to the bag, and remove some of the LFS water, that can be very stressful. Why not set up a slow drip,that way the animal is very slowly acclimated over hours with minimal stress. Then you could introduce him to the DT.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:37 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Update: so i went back to the store to have them test my water and had very similar results except my salinity was 1.024 at the store. The good news after i talked with the store owner we really could not figure out a problem so i decided instead of slowly introducing him just acclimated for like 15 mins and drop it in there. a few days later he still alive and thriving i guess keeping them in that bag was just too much stress unfortunately i found that out the hard way.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:39 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good to hear, hope all stays well.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:15 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubert90 View Post
Y is ur nitrate 0. Hmm do u have any other inhabitants?
It is possible to maintain Nitrates of 0... without knowing how much bio load and LR/LS/other equipment you can't really question 0 nitrates.
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have the same issue, 1 that is in the tank and the last 2 that I have tried to add always died almost after 3 hours, I have the same water parameters it just my salinity that is 1.020, but my 1st shrimp is very alive!! I will continue reading....
Old 05-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlanda View Post
I have the same issue, 1 that is in the tank and the last 2 that I have tried to add always died almost after 3 hours, I have the same water parameters it just my salinity that is 1.020, but my 1st shrimp is very alive!! I will continue reading....
How did you acclimate them? If they're dying after just 3 hours, its most likely the acclimate process.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:31 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

As always drip acclimation, the first 15 min very slow and then I will go another drip more faster until I have passed 3 times the water at the bag, I verify also the salinity at the bag just to confirm that is the same as my tank, this it takes almost 1 hr 45 minutes, then it is when the shrimp is at the tank, he is alright the first 4 hrs and then he start not to move......
Old 05-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

This might be a silly question, but was the temp of the bag the same as your DT when you added it? Someone else had a similar problem using the drip acclimation method because his room was kinda cold and lowered the temp of the water inside the bag.

Was the bag open or closed during acclimation. Most write-ups on the drip method says to put the fish and water into a container. If the bag was closed, there could had been low oxygen gas exchange thus changing the pH of the bag.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:15 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

The temp was the same (I have an extra digital thermometer) the bag was open in a container, the amazing thing was that from the first 2: 1 dead - 1 is alive, even I will post a photo of the survival. Then when I retry to have another one, this just die as I have already mention.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	37279  
Old 05-20-2011, 01:33 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlanda
The temp was the same (I have an extra digital thermometer) the bag was open in a container, the amazing thing was that from the first 2: 1 dead - 1 is alive, even I will post a photo of the survival. Then when I retry to have another one, this just die as I have already mention.
I think u were acclimating for to long. Acclimation should only last an hour.

Tags
death, eat, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com