Shrimp moult

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IME both of my shrimps have molted and have disappeared and haven't effected my tank. If you're really worried, just take it out.

Also if I feed pellets to my fish and all of them r eaten from the fish do I have to hand feed the shrimp to make sure he *** enough food

Yeah feed your shrimp like you would your fish. I find that my cleaner shrimp goes insane over flakes and frozen food rather than pellets (b/c fish eat those before he does) and he'll try to steal food from fish when he gets a chance.

You can either take out the molt or not. Some people get grossed out to see it in there, but in you leave it the CUC will eat it eventually. It depends in if it bothers you or not.
Cleaner shrimp IMO do need to be fed a little. They'll kinda pick at rocks and eat any food that has gotten stuck in the rock, but my cleaner shrimp goes nuts for frozen food like bloodworms, mysis, etc. all of his little hands go crazy trying to catch it and shove it in his mouth. It's pretty cute to watch. :)

My cleaner shrimp doesn't even bother the pellet that hit he floor. Not even the cuc, only my clowns like it. I have two blue legged hermit crabs but their the size of half the size of a dime (baby) need to get a bigger hermit

Back
Top Bottom