Silly Clownfish..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm just wondering if anyone else's clowns go through "moods" like mine do.

I have a stubby clown, and a bigger normal occ. clown. The bigger clown is more outgoing, but the stubby clown almost always stays in the left rear corner of the tank. The bigger clown will usually stay somewhere near him, but they almost never venture to the other side.

But there are some days where they won't stop swimming, and they go crazy together.

Most of the time they're pretty boring though and stay near the left side.

Anyone else experience the same?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I've never kept clownfish but I can imagine that they would display interesting behavior. After all, clownfish and damsels are related to cichlids.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I wish mine would so something more interesting that staying in the corner the majority of the time! :( I guess it's just what they do!

it's weird one day they'll host one coral the next they are hosting another , they have hosted almost every coral in my tank , I just learned to deal with there stupidity , that's why there so funny to watch

Mine do the same seaweed but lately my female has been aggressive attacking any fish that comes near its hairy mushroom even the male dunno whats going on

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My brother has clownish that host his torch and hairy mushrooms. but dont want anything to do with the two rbta's he has lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've been doing some research and I think mine might be officially paired, which is why they've always stayed in the back together all day. I'll watch them some more, the female has been a little bit more aggressive towards the male, and I haven't seen them do their twitching thing lately, so maybe they've figured it out.

Only time will tell I guess!

I wonder what their babies would look like since one is a stubby and the other is a normal size... Lol

My paired clowns usually stayed on right of my tank. The only time I really saw them out and about is when they were performing a gang beating on the yellow tail damsels. Even when they were just staying on the right side of the tank they were always entertaining to watch :)

Back
Top Bottom