Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-12-2007, 12:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Singapor Angel?

I saw one of these at one of my LFS, very pretty to! its been at the LFS for nearly two weeks now, and I have never heard of one before...anyone heard of one???

Houston "Face Trials with Smiles"-Porter Ellett
My aquariums-5gall snowball shrimp, 20long-awaiting setup,29gall planted
"We are nothing until we make ourselves somthing"
blazeyreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
ive seen quite a few in the LFS. never owned one though.

mwrmma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a singapore angel, i think i have a shot of him in my gallery somewhere.

He is about 2 inches long and its doing well in my tank. He is generally peaceful, do does not bother my maroon clown or bluedot toby, but he will act territorial towards my 2 fairy wrasses (he has a little nook that he'll chase everything out of.) I did try putting a copperband butterfly in my tank a while ago and good god the singapore angel would not leave the poor thing alone no matter where it went, which is odd considering everything I'd read said singapore angels were very peaceful, but then again it is an angel and it does kinda have a similar body shape to the butterfly.

I had no trouble getting it to eat anything I offer it; spectrum pellets, mysis shrimp, frozen krill, and occasionally some sponge-rich angel food.

Its a relitivly active fish but its not all over the tank all the time like the wrasses, I guess you could call his activity a sort of 'patrol' haha.

All in all, I like him, I dont have coral but I have read/heard they would be ok, and Ive even read a few places that they are more likely to be ok with another angel in the tank (one of the few angels that are ok with multiple angels, most likely due to the singapore angel being smaller than other large angels, only gets about 7-8" max... but I have not actually talked to anyone who had any success or lack thereof housing a singapore angel with another angel so dont take my word for it )
Agnate80700 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com