Singapore Angelfish and Coral Beauty together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I like the Singapore Angelfish and I would like to include it into my stocking list for my 120 gallon (Long) tank.

I always heard that once you get one Angelfish you are one, but being they are two different looking Angels and that my tank is huge for each to be able to establish their own territory, do you think that if I put a Singapore Angel and a Coral Beauty together they will be ok?

I already have the Coral Beauty.

The reason I like the Singapore Angel, is because my father is always having to go to Singapore for business. 4 times a year for a week or two each, so I thought it would be cool to have a fish that represented him and his work. Being the name is Singapore Angelfish, I thought that would be cool!

Thanks, I was wondering if anyone had experience with this kind of issue. Why could it work? Why couldn't it work?

I think it might be okay in a 120g, but you would have to watch them. It is never going to be a clear cut Yes or No. They will probably never be buddies, but they might learn to tolerate one another enough to coexist. I've heard that if you split up your liverock, it helps. Kinda set it up as two separate structures and hope each one considers one it's "place".

Well, I think I am going to go with a flame angel. I was talking and reading and did not realize they were hard to care for. The research I did suggest a 120 long would be the best for trying two angels out, plus the different body shape will help. I am also going to buy my flame the day I set up the new tank. So both will go in at the same time.

Singapores are okay once they are eating. I had one that came with my 240g and the previous owner said his ate at the LFS and then did fine once it got home. I never had an issue. IMO, that is so different in body shape and color, it stands a better than than a Flame. Again, a lot will come down to luck...keep an eye on them and expect some aggression at first.

Well than I might keep the Singapore on the list. LoL. I need to figure it out and than buy the one I want on the I set the tank up.

Back
Top Bottom