Six Line Wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys looking to add a six line wrasse in the near future just wondering has anyone had any bad experiences with them or any good with them... Just want to get something that going to finalize my population in my tank....
Let me know....
Thanks.....

:D

Hey guys looking to add a six line wrasse in the near future just wondering has anyone had any bad experiences with them or any good with them... Just want to get something that going to finalize my population in my tank....
Let me know....
Thanks.....

:D

Well, you asked for it! LOL

I have a 6 line and if I could catch him I'd get rid of him. He constantly bothers my two clown fish and in general is a trouble maker. I'm sure other folks here have had better luck with them but I think I got a defective one.

Oh, and I've never seen him munch on any flatworms either.....not the reason I got him but I've read that they are supposed to eat 'em.

Chime in here folks!

Well, you asked for it! LOL

I have a 6 line and if I could catch him I'd get rid of him. He constantly bothers my two clown fish and in general is a trouble maker. I'm sure other folks here have had better luck with them but I think I got a defective one.

Oh, and I've never seen him munch on any flatworms either.....not the reason I got him but I've read that they are supposed to eat 'em.

Chime in here folks!

Did you add him before your clown fish? or was he the last fish you added to your live stock?

LA say this about them, "
Though generally peaceful, the Six Line Wrasse may act aggressively towards peaceful Wrasses and other easily-intimidated fish, especially if inadequately fed or if its habitat is void of places in which it can hide".

I personally dont think they are bad just be aware that they can go bad on you.

Oh sounds like a Rottweller.... But are there any good Wrasse out there that are reef safe and aren't little trouble makers....LOL?

i had a carpenter wrasse and a flasher wrasse. Both They both had to be sent baack. Not because they were too agressive but because they were soo timid of the other fish.

I went wrong by adding them after the clown and devil damsel.

Another mistake was that when purchased they were in tanks w/ the cleaners and not in a community tank.

And trying to catch them took me about 2hrs and complete re-arrangement of my rocks.

Idunno. i think other members might of have better experience but i learned my lesson w/ some of the smaller, reef safe wrasses.

Did you add him before your clown fish? or was he the last fish you added to your live stock?

I added the 6 line after the clown fish.....and I had my clown fish for a couple of years before the wrasse and they are both pretty good sized too.

I had a 6 line and he pestered a royal gramma that was added after the 6 line. However my pygmy angel would not stand for any pestering and they were fine together, same for my hawkfish. I would not add one before you add any timid fish, but they should be fine with anything bigger (size or ego) than the 6 line. They do like plenty of hiding places as well. I had two (not at the same time) and my second one was much more skittish than the first was, so there does seem to be some variability in their personalities.

My 6 line killed a royal gramma in the 1st day I put him in the tank. I have added other fish and he pays no attention to them. I think it is a toss up.

Back
Top Bottom