Six-line Wrasse Opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineEddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys, I was just wondering what experiences everyone had with Six-line wrasses. I've heard mixed thoughts on them but think they are beautiful. Some say they are very aggressive and others say they are peaceful. I would really like one but am really confused :S
Thanks in advance :D

I love mine!! Neither ever have shown any aggression or jumped out of the tank :D They are very hardy as well.

Haha awesome :D
I think I may get one if a couple more people say something like that :D

I have a lil one and he is doing awesome. Very active and no jumping!

I had one. He never jumped. He was a little aggressive to a cleaner shrimp but only when the shrimp wanted to clean him. I had a really small yellow assessor that he really didn't bother just chased him out of his way when he went by him. Never across the tank just the small section he was in.

In other words, he didn't kill anyone or harass them that they got stressed.

I have 2 6 lines at full maturity and none have show aggression to any tank residents. They add a lot of color and personality to a tank!!!

My Sixline used to be aggressive to both of my Clowns. I think yours won't be as aggressive if he is the last fish added. :) Maybe mine was just born mean. :lol:

Ive heard that they get hungry often and if they aren't fed when they want they'll get aggressive to the tankmates. I have never had one but I've been on different forums that have said that.

needmorecowbell said:
Ive heard that they get hungry often and if they aren't fed when they want they'll get aggressive to the tankmates. I have never had one but I've been on different forums that have said that.

I feed mine every other day. Never had any aggression. I actually had to remove a bicolor dottyback because it was bullying my sixline. Sixline had been in the tank for years, bicolor wasn't even in the tank for a week.

Love mine, had him for over a month now, he is very tame, in a 72g with 2 o.clowns, 1 lawnmower blenny and 1 blue assessor. I had it in a QT with a dottyback that I gave to LFS because it was mean. Great addition to the tank, he comes over to me when I'm at the tank and I usually give in and feed him. Always swimming about.

I keep a cover on my QT and on the DT for the first week that I put a new fish in, that way they get used to the tank and if they get scared and jump they are safe.

I have had one for a day and I don't know where he went I haven't seen him in about five hours now. I know he will hide but yesterday and this morning he came out every few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom