Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for the response Zero. Where did you put the blue sponge? Is it actually in the tank on the return fitting (the one acing the back of my tank)?? Also I am getting less micro bubbles but a good amount of bigger bubbles about the size of a pea coming out of the return and popping at the surface causing a lot of salt splash. Anything to help reduce this? I will try to put the blue sponge in once I know where to put it

Old 09-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Ge-off,
I wasn't sure how to place that blue thing either. I did end up sliding it over the return tube inside the tank. It looked kind of goofy sticking out into the tank so I turned the return tube 90 degrees which rested the sponge pretty much against the back of the tank, it also pushes what little bubbles escape out to the corner where they pretty much disappear.

Zero, can you take a pic. of your set up? My black sponge is sitting on the bottom of the return chamber side. Is it supposed to rest on top? Where the water drops into the return tube?

Old 09-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #13

HappyHooligan: I just tried to put the blue sponge on the return and the holes in teh sponge were too small for the return 90 to fit in them... Hopefully Zero can shed a little light for us!

Also I am trying to raise the level in my return a bit so the return pipe is fully submerged, is there a way to do this? I think this is where my large bubbles are coming from.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

How close to the top of your tank is your water level? It could be as simple as to just add more water or you may have to adjust your ATO if you have one.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:45 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
I just tried to put the blue sponge on the return and the holes in teh sponge were too small for the return
It's tight, but it will slide over.
Quote:
Also I am trying to raise the level in my return a bit so the return pipe is fully submerged
Thats a tough one. Are you getting foamy water from a small circle below the collection cup?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:25 AM   #16

Thincat: The tank is completely full and I do not have a ATO.

Happyhooligan: I do not have any water getting up that high. I put plumbers tape around the lower part of my collection box and it blocks water and bubbles from climbing up between the walls and the collection cup. The water line in the 3rd chamber is 3" below the top.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Can we see a picture of your overflow box?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:20 PM   #18

Here are shots of my skimmer, my collection box is actually lower then it is in the pictures.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:49 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry, I can't make it out?

Tags
led, powerheads, skimmer, stall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com