Skimmer prob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silam1984

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Need help!

Just hooked up a new filter fluval 306 and my skimmer (aquaone g220) is pumping out mad amounts of microbubbles was wondering if anyone has experianced anything like this cant see how putting on a new filter would cause the skimmer to play up

Our did that too and it's totally normal. It'll level itself out, and every once in awhile it'll "burp" extra air bubbles :)

I'm having the same issue, my start doing that when I clean a did a water change today

I'm having the same issue, my start doing that when I clean a did a water change today

Mines a hang on skimmer so when I turn it on it fills the tank Si you can't even see in some people have said chemicals in the water can cause it to happen so think ill leave off an hopefully the carbon will clean the water an try again let me know if you have any luck

Mine is also a hang on, but in my case is the top half of the tank that has the microbubbles. I try leaving it off and all that bit nothing so tomorrow I think I will clean the canister to change the carbon and see if that help.

I've had mine do it when it couldn't handle the bioload. If its a constant problem you might not have a large enough skimmer to keep up

It's cleared up now just left it of and turned it back on today an it was ok must of been something in the water now the carbons took it out its ok glad it's not broke ha

Can also be due to adding stress coat it drives the skimmers all out of wack I will never be using stress coat again everytime I add it my skimmer goes nuts for 3 days

Can also be due to adding stress coat it drives the skimmers all out of wack I will never be using stress coat again everytime I add it my skimmer goes nuts for 3 days

+1 some water additives will cause excessive bubbles in your skimmer. Mine didn't skim well at all and that's when I realized my SG was pretty low due to faulty hydrometer. Adjusted salinity and it pulls waste great. Just my observation but I know a skimmer won't work in freshwater so my theory was the closer to fresh water your water gets then the efficiency goes down as well. Refractometer was the single best purchase I ever made.

Back
Top Bottom