slightly cloudy this AM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e_murray

Aquarium Advice Freak
Water was crystal clear last night at bed time, this morning I have slightly cloudy water... Tested all levels my testkit can test... Everything in parameters. PH 8.4, Ammonia 0, Nitrite and Nitrate 0, 1.021 for the specific gravity.

Any thoughts?

Have you cycled the tank yet? How old is the tank? Are you missing any livestock?

No fish missing, only have 2 baby clowns. I dunno if its cloudy, maybe another description is it has a slight blurry appearance? Like the front glass is dirty but looking end to end its cloudy.

Could be a mini cycle...mine went through one kinda recently. One morning woke up and it was cloudy. I did a large water change and added turbostart just to be sure- i didnt wanna loose any fish so i freaked out lol But all is well now- its been about 2 weeks. I did notice a small increase in nitrates and even some nitrites- so thats prolly why i really panicked.

Hmm.. I think my heater is crapping out.. The lights are keeping the temp up during the day and at night it is loosing 2 or 3 degrees, is that bad?

Back
Top Bottom