Small eels???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are everywhere. Check your lfs. Petco and liveaquaria have them.

Ok sweet thanks I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to keep it with nemos

You could do a maroon clown. Those get like 4-6 inches I think.

Ok sweet! do clown fish host anemones in aquariums? My LFS owner said they don't since the clown knows its safe in the tank and doesn't new the anemones protection

The anemone actually hosts the clown and yes they do. People usually have bubble tips and most clowns will go to them. It may just take a while. However you need very intense lights and a tank that is at least a year old

Now I've had a purple tipped anemone before but my star fish ate it few days ago(was super mad) but the only fish I've ever had in my tank were damsels and one of my damsels acted like a clown fish to the Nem and would hide and bring food and small rocks to the Nem

Snowflake would be the best fit

Stop jokeing around guys, a snowflake gets 2/3s the size of the tank. Engineer goby would be the best choice. If you get a snowflake it will die of stress. Dont do it. First of all Get a skimmer before you get anything else.

Ok yeah I don't know if I'll get an eel but they are really cool so it just depends

Now I've had a purple tipped anemone before but my star fish ate it few days ago(was super mad) but the only fish I've ever had in my tank were damsels and one of my damsels acted like a clown fish to the Nem and would hide and bring food and small rocks to the Nem

Also your nem didnt get eaten it died first and then was eaten, you got it in the first month the tank had been up and are using T8s right? Thats why it died. Unless your gonna upgrade lights dont get another one.

No it was alive and my star fish just got the chance to get it from its hiding place and just started to kind of eat it my star fish killed it my t8 lights worked fine with it it loved the lights but I also have a 55g on top of it and it has a 50/50 bulb in it that shined into the tank so not sure what it liked

No it was alive and my star fish just got the chance to get it from its hiding place and just started to kind of eat it my star fish killed it my t8 lights worked fine with it it loved the lights but I also have a 55g on top of it and it has a 50/50 bulb in it that shined into the tank so not sure what it liked

CC stars dont eat nems... Must have been your lights or params.

That's weird hmmm i don't know then but it was alive when I woke up so I'm not sure I'm currently bidding on a led hanging light on eBay

If this was a new tank with a new, the new died due to the tank not being ready for it. I've always heard 8 months is a good waiting period. Gotta have proper lighting too.

Also... I agree on not doing the snowflake. If you have ever seen one close to 18" you would understand.

Ok so no snow eel what are those small eels at the LFS they look like morays are they just juveniles or are they a different kind of eel because I heard that there are a species of moray eel that gets a max of like 10in I think it said

If this was a new tank with a new, the new died due to the tank not being ready for it. I've always heard 8 months is a good waiting period. Gotta have proper lighting too.

Also... I agree on not doing the snowflake. If you have ever seen one close to 18" you would understand.

Ive seen one 23", i found it on reef central. The person breeds many types of morays and has a number of tanks, this is what i remember they were breeding them in: 3x 125s, x2 55s, x1 75, x1 180. They kept their snowflakes in a 55g. And other morays in the other tanks.

Back
Top Bottom