Small eels???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got my rock and I thought it'd be cool to have an eel but I'm scared of big morays as I tend to have my hand in the tank a lot any suggestions

How big is your tank? What about an engineer goby? Mine is at least a foot long and looks just like an eel, everyone is always going on about the eel I have lol. Mine is named teddy bear cause he';s just a cute little mush, very non aggressive fish.

They are peaceful and like lots of sand. You usually see them small at the LFS, but they get about a foot long and look very different at that point. Mine is about a foot long. Only down side is that he found a spot way in the back if my tank, so I see his head poking out every so often, but it is way back in a cave. My snowflake ell was much more visible, but I think that is partially random luck of where they decide to call home.

Ok thank you I looked those up they're really cool looking. Are they're any like moray eels that stay kind of small like those really small ones to LFS

Only gold dwarf morays which get around 7-10". What size is the tank? Snowflakes only get about 2 feet lol.

I've got a 40g this is the tankATTACH]215161[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388869172.937643.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388869172.937643.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 121
If i remember correctly than you dont have a skimmer? Most eels have bog bio-loads and you will need a good skimmer to handle it. I wouldnt put a 2ft moray eel in a 3ft tank, as stated by mr.x.

If i remember correctly than you dont have a skimmer? Most eels have bog bio-loads and you will need a good skimmer to handle it. I wouldnt put a 2ft moray eel in a 3ft tank, as stated by mr.x.

Yeah I agree actually. A full grown moray will not be happy in there plus you'd need a skimmer to cope with their bioload.

Yeah I don't want a full grown I'm scared of losing a finger or something that's why I'm looking for an eel that stays small that can't take off a finger

Lol you will not lose a finger to a 2 foot snowflake eel...

It will surely hurt when it bites but +1 you wont loose any fingers or limbs to a snowflake moray. Your talking big like zebra, green, spotted,yellowmargin,tessellated, and purple mouth is when you can loose fingers.

No but I just got money for Christmas and I plan on getting a lot of equipment

Back
Top Bottom